Remote Controlled Template
This template creates a configuration that checks if the remote device is remote controlled. It can be found in the
COMPLIANCE CHECK category when filtered for
If the remote device is remote controlled, you can choose between two actions:
- Denies access to the session if the device is remote controlled.
- Displays a message in the session if the device is remote controlled.
deviceTRUST requires some simple but essential configuration steps to be performed to enable the template for your remoting and DaaS environments. We will guide you step-by-step through simple deviceTRUST configuration steps to enable the template within your remoting or DaaS environment.
We will perform the following steps:
Step 1: Prerequisites
If the required deviceTRUST components (Agent, Console, Client Extension and License) are not yet installed, please visit the Getting Started for Remoting and DaaS guide and complete step 1 to 5 and then continue here with step 2 below.
Step 2: Contexts
The template has imported the following contexts:
|Remote Controlled||Defines if the remote device is remote controlled.||None|
- If a context is not needed, it can be deactivated or deleted. In addition, the corresponding task sequence within the relevant action must be deleted too.
Step 3: Actions
The template includes a notifying action that displays a message to the user about a context status and an enforcement action that actively controls access to the session. By default, only the notifying action is enabled and the enforcement action is disabled.
|Remote Controlled - Conditional Access - Enforcement||Denies access to the session if the device is remote controlled.||Deactivated||None|
|Remote Controlled - Conditional Access - Notification||Displays a message in the session if the device is remote controlled.||Activated||None|
- If both actions have been disabled, the contexts will still be created.
- If both actions have been activated, the deny access task will take priority over the displaying of the notification message.
If your deviceTRUST installation or configuration does not work as expected, you can use the Troubleshooting guide to start troubleshooting.