This template creates a configuration that checks if the remote device is virtualized. It can be found in the
COMPLIANCE CHECK category when filtered for
If the remote device is virtualized, you can choose between two actions:
- Denies access to the session if the remote device is virtualized.
- Displays a message in the session if the remote device is virtualized.
deviceTRUST requires some simple but essential configuration steps to be performed to enable the template for your remoting and DaaS environments. We will guide you step-by-step through simple deviceTRUST configuration steps to enable the template within your remoting or DaaS environment.
We will perform the following steps:
Step 1: Prerequisites
If the required deviceTRUST components (Agent, Console, Client Extension and License) are not yet installed, please visit the Getting Started for Remoting and DaaS guide and complete step 1 to 5 and then continue here with step 2 below.
Step 2: Contexts
The template has imported the following contexts:
|Virtualized||Defines if the remote device is virtualized.||None|
- If a context is not needed, it can be deactivated or deleted. In addition, the corresponding task sequence within the relevant action must be deleted too.
Step 3: Actions
The template includes a notifying action that displays a message to the user about a context status and an enforcement action that actively controls access to the session. By default, only the notifying action is enabled and the enforcement action is disabled.
|Virtualized - Conditional Access - Enforcement||Denies access to the session if the remote device is virtualized.||Deactivated||None|
|Virtualized - Conditional Access - Notification||Displays a message in the session if the remote device is virtualized.||Activated||None|
- If both actions have been disabled, the contexts will still be created.
- If both actions have been activated, the deny access task will take priority over the displaying of the notification message.
If your deviceTRUST installation or configuration does not work as expected, you can use the Troubleshooting guide to start troubleshooting.