IGEL Client 20.2.300
This release includes new features and bug fixes, and will be built into a forthcoming IGEL OS release. Alternatively, binaries are available from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amazon WorkSpaces & Windows Virtual Desktop support
We’ve included support for both Amazon WorkSpaces and also Windows Virtual Desktops when connecting from an IGEL device, offering the same set of properties available to other remoting clients. See the Supported Technologies for a complete list of the supported remoting clients.
- Network properties now support detection of the WPA3 Wi-Fi security standard.
- Fixed an issue where our previous client would crash when using Citrix 21.03 or later.
- Fixed an issue where the third party location properties would randomly fail.
- We don’t have the necessary permissions to determine the DEVICE_HARDWARE_BIOS_SERIAL property. Until we have a permanent solution, this can be solved by running
dmidecode -s system-serial-number > /tmp/bios_serial_numberwithin the IGEL configuration at System -> Firmware Customization -> Custom Commands -> Base -> Final initialization command.
- When using Location properties, the Wi-Fi adapter does not persist the available access points for more than approximately 5 minutes. This results in insufficient access points to perform a third party geolocation. By setting an environment variable DEVICETRUST_WIFI_SCAN=1 the deviceTRUST IGEL Client will perform a scan for access points. However, this is currently only working on Citrix, Amazon WorkSpaces and Windows Virtual Desktop remoting clients.
There are no compatibility concerns with this release of the deviceTRUST IGEL Client.