macOS Client 19.4.100
This release of the deviceTRUST macOS Client brings it up to date with changes to the deviceTRUST Windows Client, and provides some important changes for compatibility with the latest macOS Catalina 10.15 and Citrix Workspace app 2001.
On macOS Catalina 10.15, we no longer support the Third Party location provider due to security changes that prevent software from scanning nearby WiFi access points. However when using macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, we now integrate with macOS’s Location Services to provide the users position and address. Location Services is only used when location properties are enabled, and results in a prompt for permission from the user.
To work with Citrix virtual sessions, the deviceTRUST macOS Client 19.4.100 requires Citrix Workspace app 1808 or later. The older Citrix Receiver application is not supported.
Citrix Workspace app 2001 introduced a fundamental registration change for virtual channels which conflicts with previous Citrix Workspace installations. This has resulted in a known issue when upgrading from Citrix Workspace app 1912 or earlier to 2001 or later. This can be resolved by re-running the deviceTRUST Client installer.
We’ve added support for FreeRDP virtual channels. We do not yet install the virtual channel due to the various folders that FreeRDP can be installed into. Therefore this is currently a manual step, however if there are any particular FreeRDP clients that you would like to see supported then please don’t hesistate to let us know.
To install when using FreeRDP from Homebrew, after installing both FreeRDP and the deviceTRUST Client, run the following commands from within Terminal (note that the path to FreeRDP may vary):
ln -Ffsv "/Library/Application Support/deviceTRUST/Client/Bin/libdeviceTRUST-client.dylib" "/usr/local/Cellar/freerdp/2.0.0-rc4/lib/freerdp2/libdeviceTRUST-client.dylib"
/usr/local/bin/xfreerdp /u:USER /d:DOMAIN /p:PASSWORD /v:HOST /dvc:deviceTRUST
- If you install alongside Citrix Workspace app 1912 or earlier, and then upgrade Citrix to 2001 or later, Citrix will fail to show the desktop next time you launch a virtual session. To resolve this, re-run the deviceTRUST macOS Client installer.
- Fixed an issue where Citrix Workspace 2001 or later would attempt to load the deviceTRUST Virtual Channel multiple times, resulting either in a crash within the deviceTRUST Client or Citix Workspace locking up.
- Fixed an issue with the DEVICE_NETWORK_X_WIFI_BSSID being set to Unavailable on macOS Catalina 10.15 or later..
- Fixed an issue with the DEVICE_NAME and DEVICE_NAME_DNS properties being set to ‘UNSUPPORTED’ on macOS Catalina 10.15.4 or later.
- Fixed an issue where the permissions on the Citrix Modules file could be changed by the deviceTRUST macOS Client installer.
- Fixed an issue where the client could crash whenever display properties were used and the display EDID could not be found.
- Fixed an issue with Amazon WorkSpaces where the client could crash after disconnecting from a virtual session and then inserting or removing a USB device.
The following properties have been changed or removed, bringing them up to date with the deviceTRUST Windows Client.
- DEVICE_LOCATION_COUNTRY_CODE and DEVICE_LOCATION_COUNTRY have been combined into a single DEVICE_LOCATION_COUNTRY property representing the ISO-Alpha 2 country code.
- DEVICE_LOCATION_STATE_DISTRICT has been removed.