Operating System Update State Template
This template creates a configuration that checks if the operating system of the local device has not performed a recent update search or has outstanding critical updates. It can be found in the
COMPLIANCE CHECK category when filtered for
If the operating system of the local device has not performed a recent update search or has outstanding critical updates, you can choose between two actions:
- Sets the Compliance State in Azure AD based on the operating system update state of the local device.
- Sets an Extension Attribute in Azure AD based on the operating system update state of the local device.
deviceTRUST requires some simple but essential configuration steps to be performed to enable the template for your cloud environments. We will guide you step-by-step through simple deviceTRUST configuration steps to enable the template within your cloud environment.
We will perform the following steps:
Step 1: Prerequisites
If the required deviceTRUST components (Agent, Console, Client Extension and License) are not yet installed, please visit the Getting Started guide.
Step 2: Contexts
The template has imported the following contexts:
|Operating System Update||Defines if a recent update search has been performed and that all updates have been installed on the local device.||None|
- If a context is not needed, it can be deactivated or deleted. In addition, the corresponding task sequence within the relevant action must be deleted too.
Step 3: Actions
The template includes a notifying action that displays a message to the user about a context status and an enforcement action that actively controls access to the session. By default, only the notifying action is enabled and the enforcement action is disabled.
|Operating System Update - Conditional Access - Enforcement - Compliance State||Sets the Compliance State in Azure AD based on the operating system update state of the local device.||Deactivated||None|
|Operating System Update - Conditional Access - Enforcement - Extension Attribute
||Sets an Extension Attribute in Azure AD based on the operating system update state of the local device.
||You may want to update the following context condition with data suitable for your environment:
Set Extension Attribute may be changed to a value suitable for your organisation.
- If both actions have been disabled, the contexts will still be created.
- If both actions have been activated, then both the Compliance State and the Extension Attribute will be updated.
If your deviceTRUST installation or configuration does not work as expected, you can use the Troubleshooting guide to start troubleshooting.